dense_basis: SED fitting with smooth nonparametric star formation histories¶
dense_basis is an implementation of the Dense Basis method tailored to SED fitting - in particular, the task of recovering accurate star formation history (SFH) information from galaxy spectral energy distributions (SEDs). The current code is being adapted from its original use-case (simultaneously fitting specific large catalogs of galaxies) to being a general purpose SED fitting code, and acting as a module to compress and decompress SFHs and other time-series.
- The GP-SFH module
- A full SED-Fitting example
- Prerequisites to fitting:
- SED fitting with the dense_basis package:
- Adding custom filter sets
- SFH reconstruction test suite
The code is designed to be intuitive to use, and and consists of three steps to get you started doing SED fitting:
- defining your priors
- generating a model atlas (params <-> SEDs) to use while fitting
- actually fitting your data and visualizing the posteriors
More detailed descriptions of these modules can be found in the tutorials. If you are interested in going off the beaten track and trying different things, please let me know so that I can help you run the code as you’d like!
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/kartheikiyer/dense_basis/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/kartheikiyer/dense_basis